Brian P. Astrup
SOME AREAS OF PRACTICE
Consumer Class Action Defense
B.A. 2008, Syracuse University
J.D. 2011, Rutgers University School of Law-Camden
- State and Federal Statutory Consumer-Oriented Matters, including Individual and Class Action Lawsuits under the TCPA, the CAN-SPAM Act and other Telemarketing Laws
- State and Federal Regulatory Matters, including FTC and State Attorneys General
- Investigations and other litigation
- Promotions Law and Sweepstakes Law
- Marketing Law
- Trademark and Copyright Law
- Privacy and Data Security Law
- Labor and Employment Law, including the ADA and Title VII
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Brian is an associate in the firm’s litigation department, focusing his practice on Internet and mobile marketing, copyright and trademark, consumer class action defense, defense of state and federal regulatory matters, telecommunications law and general commercial litigation. Brian also regularly advises clients in the U.S. and abroad on various consumer protection and intellectual property issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Brian was an associate with a law firm in Manhattan, where his practice focused on commercial litigation and product liability matters. During law school, Brian was a member of the Rutgers Law Review and held a judicial externship with the Honorable Noel L. Hillman (D.N.J.). Brian also interned with the National Labor Relations Board during the summer and fall of 2010.
Brian is admitted to practice in New York and New Jersey.